CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday

ghetto fabulism.....


so in an attempt to get my mind off my incredible brokeness and Hip-hop's current bitchass behavior, my friend Ryan took me to a fashion show. My first fashion show, in fact,and I was rather excited. Being in a time where plus sized models are cropping up everywhere and I myself am 5'8 and wear a 14, i decided maybe this might be a place to take stock and decide if I might like to do something of the sort (we all know every young girl has those dreams of glitz and glamour!)I also wanted to go becasue I wanted to support my friend bebe.She, by the way, killed it! (shamless promotion part here) Her name is Brittany Nicole Baker and she's a good 5'9 or 5'10 and a great model and she needs work! (ok promotions over lol....hey I can also try pr, cant i?)

In any case, the show was supposed to start at 7....but it was a BLACK fashion show. IT did not begin untill 8:15. Now im a rookie at attending these things, but I dont think that what went on at this fashion show goes on at all of them (or proffesional ones at that) here's a couple thing's I jotted down at the show on my SK:
*No this man did not just walk up on the "stage" (read: Platform)and grab the mike and start singin! WTF?
*Now this old reggae chan lookin ass nigga is up rappin....no he did not just bust out with Boo-Ya-kah!
*Not this VIP section off to the side in this lil ass room with all these old people (original models from 1800 in Africa lookin ass)
*Oh no! why is this dude gettin into it with one of the models and is walkn around talkin bout ima smack this bitch in her mouth. (in front of the elderly, I mean Really?)
*Why is this girl walkin around with this bebe/dickies lookin shortset w. a rhinestone belt and a matchin rhinestone g-string?
*why are all the models coming out and announcing themselves? Does this take place in a regualr show?
These were just some random thoughts that i had to jot down in order to keep my mouth from droppin.boy, and I thought I was broke down....This show was too through. lol. well at least I got out for the weekend.
Pics below: I didnt include myself in any of these, but here's the "stage" (read: platform), a pic of my friend Ryan, and a pic of the new redbone I think Hip-hop's cheating on me with this month...she cute aint she? At least my baby dont down grade....
eye-roll. I'm goin to sleep.


10 comments:

Kaliente said...

Im glad u did! thanx for stopping by..i like ur blog! that fashion show sounded funny as hell...and that bytch wih the rhinestone shyt, i know she was lookin tired as hell!!! haha

Kandi Black said...

hmmm...that fashion show sounded kinda suspect...

ur tall model friend is very goregous...so is ur friend ryan...lol

Darius T. Williams said...

I guess some things never change with US! Seems like it was a good attempt though - doesn't seem like it was all THAT bad.

So, um...tell Ryan I said hello! (smile)

arychtexas said...

black people always GHETTOFY a function its just in us to do our own thang...hope ya girl get on she is pretty and ourself you can be the next "Tacara"

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

supporting friends is always a good thing, especially if food was involved was it
anywho

Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

Angie Marie said...

wth lol. how you up on stage modeling, then bust out with some singing & rapping lol. & yea we always start stuff late. funny ass fashion show!

& thanks 4 commenting 2!

Miss Foxxy said...

lol @ that fashion show. sounded like a mess! and lmao @ you posting ol' girl's pic up with "homewrecker" all over it, hahahahaaa! too funny!

btw, thx for your comment, girl.. i could picture your blood boiling as you read that.. i sure know writing that got me all worked up again!!

Meanshots22 said...

lol @homewrecker

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! I swear I thought you were on Twitter the way you were jotting down notes on your sidekick LOL!!

Hyaku Juuhachi said...

i gotta stay fly-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y

118